..

..

Stránky

neděle 28. října 2012

Blogger’s Quilt Festival


I came across couple of posts about Blogger’s Quilt Festival. There are so many incredible quilts that I wondered if I should join in or not. I didn't feel qualified enough as I only made two quilts so far. On the other hand I told myself there is nothing to loose. What's the worst scenario? Nobody is going to show up but I can handle that. It already happened to me with the Festival entry. So here I am and the story of my first quilt.
At first I only wanted to try some tutorials from Hegaxon Quilt Festival but I really liked the result so I started thinking I should make baby quilt. My very first post with first few blocks is here. While working on it I realized it's just the right time for me to make regular size quilt. I started it with scraps but added few fabrics later on. It's pretty much mixture of everything I wanted to try. Some hand stitched appliqué and different kinds of hexagons. I also tried hand quilting. More pics can be found here. I used the hand stitching for the top and batting only than I used walking foot for the very first time to quilt all three layers including backing. The back side is very simple. If you spot some color order in there I'll be glad as I spent a lot of time just to match it in some way. Thank you for a lovely event I'm inspired already by so many pretties.



Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 45″x 64″
Special techniques used : applique, hand quilting
Quilted by : first hand quilted by me and than on my home sewing machine
Best Category : Throw Size Quilt

Právě probíhá Festival plný krásných dek. Nejdřív jsem váhala, zda se zúčastnit, ale o nic nejde a zkusit se má všechno. Rozhodně doporučuju pro inspiraci, je tam spousta neuvěřitelně krásných dek.
 

18 komentářů:

kat129 řekl(a)...

I am glad you decided to join!!! great hexy quilt - and p.s, hand quilting totally qualifies you!
cheers
-k

Mina řekl(a)...

Thanks for joining! Nice fabric selection

CitricSugar řekl(a)...

This is beautiful! I'm so happy you decided to join in...

Anonymní řekl(a)...

Great quilt! Very ambitious to take on hexies and hand quilting as a new quilter, it turned out wonderful.

Barb řekl(a)...

wonderful hex quilt - and so original. I loved seeing the photo with snow - the fence is the perfect way to hang it.
I'm glad you shared it with us!

Jitka řekl(a)...

Pěkné, do šestiúhelníků jsem se ještě nepustila, ale v této velikosti by to nemuselo tak bolet. Super barvy, pěkný vzor.

Kristy @ Quiet Play řekl(a)...

Such a lovely quilt! So glad you decided to join in the fun! :)

Carla řekl(a)...

This is wonderful! I love hexagons : )

bee řekl(a)...

you did a great job! i love the hexagons. glad you decided to join in the fun - it's exciting to see all the wonderful quilts!

Sandra :) řekl(a)...

It's beautiful, Vera - I love the gnome and polka dot fabric backing - so much fun!

Carla řekl(a)...

Your quilt is so clever!

Sylvia řekl(a)...

Lovely quilt!

Elaine řekl(a)...

You didn't pick an easy quilt for your first, but you sure did a great job. I'm glad you decided to enter the quilt festival.

Anonymní řekl(a)...

Such a happy quilt!! I love the colors and the design. I'm happy to find quilters I've never met before through this festival, I'm sure you'll love it too.

Celine řekl(a)...

Your quilt is very nice and looks so good in front of the snow! Well done!

Lyanna L. řekl(a)...

beautiful! i love the shapes you used and the colors. =) Great job. thanks for sharing.

Anonymní řekl(a)...

This is lovely. I like the way you varied the hexagons. Great work!

Heather řekl(a)...

I love hexagons and these are absolutely beautiful.